Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Striking in Vancouver

I just read shucking news from the Internet today. A large group of 7000 logging and sawmilling workers are going to strike in this coming Saturday in British Columbia. They are striking for their personal benefits. Because International Forest Products Ltds. is giving the employees small contracts which may probably affect their working hours and severance pay, the employees strike against it.
Even though the striking must bring further disarray to the industry, I am satisfied with their actions because by striking legally, it shows that Canada is a free country. If one day I am an employee who is suffering bad treatment in Canada, I will know that I have the right to strike for my benefits.
On the other hand, I pity the industry company. As a boss or a company, they are definitely having the right to gain as many incomes as possible. However, when they are trying to start their action to their employees, the employees have already fought against them. I think serving strike notice is certainly invaluable for them. If one day I may become a boss, I must consider whether do business in Canada or not because of the freedom to Canadian employees in Canada.

http://www.reportonbusiness.com/servlet/story/RTGAM.20070718.wforestry0718/BNStory/robNews/home

5 comments:

Sisley said...

Interesting reflexion...

Jackson said...

thanks the god, it is not in calgary. however, I want to see waht a strike like

Juan said...

Hi my young friend, I admire how you perceive that kind of scenary, I bet that if you keep doing that you will discover many black mysteries soon.

Yubin said...

Striking is a part of life. When you have worked for a long time, you may think to do ohter things to make people astonished.

wendy said...

i have the same feeling as you. when you are working for the company, it doesn't mean you have to give up your rights. you should fight for your own appropriate right.