Monday, July 23, 2007

toilet

Toilet, washroom, bathroom, restroom, men’s room or ladies’ room all have the same meaning. But why do we prefer to name them in different countries? Why toilets were created? How toilets were created? Who created it? And questions of when and what are what I wanted to ask. Therefore, I designed that picking toilets as my presentation should be helpful to me to understand toilet.

Having spent a long time to search for the information of toilet, I found out that the first toilet was created as early as 2500 BC. Incredible, huh? However, the statistic did not show that the our top economic countries, such as the United State or England, had toilets that time. Instead, India, Minoan, Crete, Egypt, Pharoahs, Persia, and ancient China have already created toilets to flush their dirty excretion out. At that moment, I wondered what the small would be in those countries where they had not created toilets. Would there be a lot of virus. Would there be producing any bad smell as human beings’ byproducts? Those were the questions I also wonder to know. Therefore, now I am better to search for those information.

No comments: